Saturday, August 16, 2014

Jocelyn's motivation list

Motivations to shut my mouth and get on a treadmill...

For real though, reasons to lose weight and upgrade my lifestyle.

I've been overweight all my life, I guess? Who knows, that is how everyone else starts their "why" so I'll take that route too. Yep, I've been fat all my adult life and the majority of my childhood. The psychology of it is simple: good home cooking in a time that wasn't as health conscious and not enough physical activity. Easy.

A few rules for you, awesome reader, "fat" is not a bad word. It's just a word, and it has no power over me. It shouldn't have power over you, either. If you add other words to it, it can become bad. "Ass" for example is not appreciated! HA!!!

The weight became who I was, and I won't bore you with a sob story, because I don't really have a sob story to sob over. I accepted myself, I thought -- more on that some other time. My weight didn't hold me back, I have a hawt husband (for real, yo), beautiful daughters who are going to be gorgeous adult women, a good job, the best friends on the planet... So my motivation for changing isn't to "get" anything. Well... it is, but it isn't. If you get me. So my motivations for this journey I have embarked on are outlined below. I'm not going to lie, every one of them is selfish - and THAT, awesome reader, is the key to weight loss success.

Motivation #1
I want to look great. Sexy. Beautiful. Nice......... In clothes that aren't size double digit. It's just what I want. Don't be a reverse hater and tell me I look great now. No, I don't, in my opinion. But I will.
Also, I want to look great naked. My husband thinks I look great now, but waaaaait till he sees me in several months ;-). Sorry, family.

Motivation #2
Since meeting my husband and having my daughters, I want to live a very LONG time. I want to live as long as possible to an age as old as I can - and obviously be healthy. I want to see my great grand kids. I want to be ACTIVE with my great grand kids. It's not rocket science, healthier and skinny people live longer.


Motivation #3
I want to feel great! So this is a newer motivation.... This is one I discovered during the journey I'm currently on. So since Day1, (my current) I have lost 28 lbs. That's fantastic! But, the difference in how I feel is major. I feel more energetic and just............... better. I want to keep feeling this way. Feeling like this makes me want to be more active and that is a great feeling to have after years of feeling tired. I want more of this! Greed isn't always bad!

Motivation #4
And this is a biggie.... CLOTHES. I want lots and lots and lots of beautiful clothes. Sorry in advance, hubby, but I'm going to need a LOT more room in the closet.

So... my point.... for any goal, you need to have motivation. It's important not to lose sight of your motivating factors. These are the reasons for your struggle! And let me be loud and clear here, weight loss, at any level isn't easy. My suggestion for you, for any goal you have, weight loss or otherwise is to write down your reasons and read them when you are struggling the most, when that pizza your coworker is eating smells reeeeallyyy good. Remember the reasons why you started in the first place.

Being sexy.
Living longer.
Feeling better.
Clothes. And ohmigawd! shoes and purses to match!  





No comments:

Post a Comment