Sunday, August 17, 2014

Food Tracking

What you eat in private... you wear in public...

"Screw your recommended serving size... you don't know me!!!!!"

Food tracking. The most celebrated and hated part of any diet. Yeah, I don't know, I just made that up. But it sounds about right. Either you diet and track, or don't, and if you don't, no offense, but you are doing it wrong.  I know this fact to be true: You will be more successful during your weight loss journey if you track the calories you have consumed.

I track every bite I put in my mouth, the good, the bad, and the delicious. Tracking can be considered tedious (tedious = a pain in the ass), I totally get that. But it also keeps you... well.. on track!

1 - Your food diary is going to show you what you eat. Do you recall everything you had yesterday? Did you have a quick snack (handfull of pretzels..) you may have forgotten about?

2 - This is the key tool for losing weight. You will know how many calories you have left to eat, that simple. Today I have had 1,279. My limit is 1,500. I can technically have 221 more, if I wanted.

This isn't yo' mama's diet tracker.... You can track via your phone these days. Smartphones have great apps available to you. I use my Fitbit tracker. I'm a walking advertisement for Fitbit, but there are other apps to track your caloric intake, or, you can just use a good ol' sheet of paper.

Below are some examples of calorie tracking apps.
Fitbit
My Diet Coach (free app. My Diet Coach Pro is $3.99 for Android)
My Fitness Pal - an app my husband was using before he started using Fitbit.






No comments:

Post a Comment